Banner02

Home Forums Discuss General Stuff Animal Rights and Philosophy Alcohol Abstinence

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Doc 4 seconds ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Alex

My friends,

Personally, I don’t think alcohol in itself is a bad idea. Drinking in moderation actually has its health benefits. Problems start because people abuse alcohol. I don’t think anyone should drink to get drunk. Honestly, it’s ridiculous that people think they need to be drunk to have fun. Alcohol is practically worshiped in our society as a means to distract ourselves from the unpleasant realities in our lives. This is why I’m straight edge. I’ve chosen the sXe lifestyle as a social protest to prove to people that getting drunk is WAY overrated and generally a bad idea. The same goes with drugs.

Here’s the bottom line. If everyone drank in moderation as part of a balanced lifestyle, sXe wouldn’t need to include alcohol abstinence because alcohol abuse would have never been a cause for concern.

A final note, I am typically more impressed with someone who has drank but never been drunk than a person who has been sXe their whole life. This means this person has a lot of self-control and discipline. A LOT of it.

Cheers!

Alex
    Manasquan, NJ

Thoughts?

#2645 Reply

xDredgex

Hey Alex,

I suppose I’m rebelling from the message that advertisers are putting out. In a sense, it’s another reason why I’m Straight Edge.

I don’t mention this often, but I think advertisers have to much say on how our society functions socially. There needs to be better regulation of advertising – here in Australia anyway. If I turn up to any social event without holding a glass of something in my hand it’s seen as being a bit odd.

Drinking combined with celebrating is seen as part of our culture.

I have a lot of respect for anyone who can turn up to social events without clutching a glass of alcohol.

Cheers (sorry)
    xDredgex

#2646 Reply

Alex

xDredgex,

Good point. The mass media definitely has a huge impact on the way we’re all expected to behave, especially socially. It’s pretty much the same way here in the US. Fortunately for me, I’ve found many friends and social happenings here at college where no one judges me for not drinking despite being surrounded by alcohol.

Check this out:

http://www.businessweek.com/stories/2007-06-18/s-o-paulo-the-city-that-said-no-to-advertisingbusinessweek-business-news-stock-market-and-financial-advice

Basically, in São Paulo, there is NO outdoor advertising. If you look up pictures of the city, it looks so strage yet very refreshing. I want to visit one day.

#2719 Reply

UntoXicated
    Keymaster

Alex,

Wow! Sao Paulo looks like a dream come true!

Tobacco advertising has been eradicated from the streets of Australia due to the actions of a few individual graffiti artists – including doctors!

There’s an interesting video and website here: http://www.bugaup.org

Cheers Alex,
    xDredgex

#2919 Reply

Al X Be

@ Alex…
    I the end ‘to each their own’…but for me the argument (not that that is what you’re doing here) that drinking in moderation is good for your health does nothing for me. It doesn’t give me an excuse to want to drink. Just cause alcohol is legal and socially acceptable doesn’t make it any less of a “TOXIN” which for me equals poison. I do consider alcohol a drug which before the prohibition was abolished was considered a narcotic. sXe for me isn’t anti substance abuse, anti lack of moderation or addiction,,,It’s anti all mood and mind altering substances.

#26262 Reply

fmyykjc

Daptomycin is a cyclic lipopeptide antibiotic produced by the organism Streptomyces roseosporus.<>4]<>5] Daptomycin consists of thirteen amino acids, ten of which are arranged in a cyclic fashion, and three that adorn an exocyclic tail. Two non-proteinogenic amino acids exist in the lipopeptide, the unusual amino acid L-kynurenine (Kyn), only known to Daptomycin, and L-3-methylglutamic acid (mGlu). The N-terminus of the exocyclic tryptophan residue is coupled to decanoic acid, a medium chain (C10) fatty acid. Biosynthesis is initiated by the coupling of decanoic acid to the N-terminal tryptophan, followed by the coupling of the remaining amino acids by nonribosomal peptide synthetase (NRPS) mechanisms. Finally, a cyclization event occurs, which is catalyzed by a thioesterase enzyme, and subsequent release of the lipopeptide is granted.

The non-ribosomal peptide synthetase (NRPS) responsible for the synthesis of Daptomycin is encoded by three overlapping genes, dptA, dptBC and dptD. The dptE and dptF genes, immediately upstream of dptA, are likely to be involved in the initiation of daptomycin biosynthesis by coupling decanoic acid to the N-terminal Trp.<>6] These novel genes (dptE, dptF ) correspond to products that most likely work in conjunction with a unique condensation domain to acylate the first amino acid (tryptophan). These and other novel genes (dptI, dptJ) are believed to be involved in supplying the non-proteinogenic amino acids L-3-methylglutamic acid and Kyn; they are located next to the NRPS genes.<>6]
    From suzhou pharmaceutical technology co.,ltd.

#27704 Reply

fmyykjx

Moxidectin (Milbemycin B<>]) kills parasites, so is second-hand because of the arrest and manage of heartworm and intestinal worms, and can be organize in treatments prescribed for animals such as dogs, cats, horses, livestock and sheep. Industriousness methods towards moxidectin change before treatment, and include vocalized, superficial, and injectable solutions. Cydectin Spew out On is a trade name towards a formulation fitted from on stock and red deer.
    Moxidectin is a semisynthetic derivative of nemadectin <>] which is produced by fermentation at near Streptomyces cyano-griseus. This Streptomyces species was discovered in a excrement sample from Australia in the past due 1980s at ease alongside an agronomist working as a replacement for the American Cyanamid company.
    Moxidectin treats and controls some of the most universal internal and external parasites by selectively binding to parasites?? glutamate-gated chloride ion channels. These channels are mandatory to the go of invertebrate balls and muscle cells; when moxidectin binds to the channels, it disrupts neurotransmission, resulting in paralysis and termination of the parasite.
    Studies of moxidectin steer the side effects remodel sooner than rude and may be contrived by way of the product??s formulation, application method and dosage. The products are on the whole recommended about a veterinarian to make sure correct avail oneself of and application. Herding dogs may be avermectin-sensitive, but avermectin-sensitive dogs can tolerate standard doses after heartworm prevention. Moxidectin is apparently harmless as far as something collie breeds. As a heartworm preventative, moxidectin can be injected in a minute every six months at the beck the sort big cheese Proheart6, or every 12 months below the trade-mark prominence Proheart SR 12.
    Moxidectin is the source of a trial to assess its suitability, as an surrogate to ivermectin, to remedying onchocerciasis in humans.<>]
    From suzhou pharmaceutical technology co.,ltd.
    From TCS INDUSTRY LTD

#38549 Reply

Janeece

If not for your writing this topic could be very coetoluvnd and oblique.

#38559 Reply

Graceland

Thanks for your thoshgtu. It’s helped me a lot.

#38575 Reply

Smiley

That’s an intlielgent answer to a difficult question xxx

#38580 Reply

Liberty

What lianrbtieg knowledge. Give me liberty or give me death.

#38600 Reply

Nonie

Ja a 2002 év büdzséje azért olyan rettentÅ‘, mert a vitéz urak rettentÅ‘ sok beruházást lekötöttek a végén. Hogy abból nekik mi volt hasznuk, azt nem tudom, de ha azok a beruházások befejezÅ‘dtek, mindenesetre az országban maradtak. Ha valaki nem unja még a témát, megnézhetné melyek is azok a lekötött cuccok, és mi lett belÅ‘lük. Attól tartok mindannyian med‘lpÅegnénk.ElÅ‘tte mindenesetre becsülettel, de visszafogottan loptak négy évig, elÅ‘deikhez hasonlóan, mint a számok is mutatják. Schamschula teljesítményét nem múlták felül. Még Mikola sem.A 2002-es koholíció viszont annál inkább.

#38617 Reply

Bobby

Ah super, le premier retour sur la tourte ;-)Si vous avez aimé cette recette, vous adorerez la version corse au fiaegtllu !Bienvenu sur mon blog alors ;-)

#38622 Reply

Parthena

Jako zwykły lamer spróbowałem po prostu "na chama" zainstalić kubuntu pa penie 2GB, ale miejsca brakło :P nie wiem, czy to jedyny problem, ale dość skutecznie mi to un„iÂoÃ…m¼lewiajÃiÂ…cy ;)

#38624 Reply

Doc

bon j’ai tél©©phonÃÃmalheureusement les extensions ne se font que sur Paris (encore et toujours grrrrrr) et ils recherchent des femmes aux cheveux jusqu’aux épaules et raides! pour les interessées il faut se presenter au trainning pour une analyse avant d’avoir un rendez vous.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Reply To: Alcohol Abstinence
Your information:

Back to Top ↑

• Grab the poster and keep up to date…

• Chat with others…

• UntoXicated supporters…

JakeWhite01Ad-SpacerDrugTestingConsultantAd-SpacerallansBillyhydeAd-Spacer
    Untoxicate_Promo_Pack
    Ad-Spacer
    YourBusinessHere

• From our Facebook community…

Testimonials

• 2 stinkin’ socks…

Ad-Spacer

Warning: get_object_vars() expects parameter 1 to be object, null given in /home/untoxicated/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sticky-social-bar/sticky-social-bar.php on line 117