Banner02

Home Forums Discuss General Stuff Music What music are you into?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 35 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Janessa 5 seconds ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author

xDredgex

There’s a misconception that to live a Straight Edge lifestyle, you’ve got to be into hardcore punk music. Although that’s where the roots of Straight Edge come from, there’s no “rule book” that says that’s what everyone should listen to – and that’s the way it should be!

So what music are you into?

Spill ya beans!

xDredgex

#2695 Reply

PxZ

I’ve been a hardcore kid for years and I guess it will stay this way for a long time. But I enjoy different music genres:

– Punk: NOMEANSNO, DEAD KENNEDYS, THE MISFITS, BAD RELIGION…

– Ska: THE HOTKNIVES, MR.REVIEW, SKAOS, EL BOSSO & DIE PING-PONGS, THE SPECIALS, JUDGE DREAD, TOKYO SKA PARADISE ORCHESTRA, POLEMIC…

– Alternative Rock: PRIMUS, KILLING JOKE, FAITH NO MORE, THE SOUNDS

– 80’s pop: SANDRA, ULTRAVOX, CLASSIX NOUVEAUX, TALK TALK, KAJAGOOGOO, SPANDAU BALLET, DURAN DURAN, DEVO, KOOL & THE GANG, OMD, KOMBI, PAPA DANCE, WISH KEY…

– Jazz/Funk: MARUCS MILLER, STANLEY CLARKE, VICTOR WOOTEN, WOJTEK PILICHOWSKI…

#2747 Reply

André Horn

I love all kinds of hardcore, especially the modern, metal-influenced “tough guy”-hardcore. My musical journey led me from 90’s West Coast-Hip Hop and G-Funk over Trance and all kinds of Metal to hardcore, and I think I found “my” music. To me, nothing compares to the energy of a HC show, the music is honest, sraightforward and aggressive, exactly what I like.

Some of my favourite bands from the Tough Guy-Genre include First Blood, Lionheart and Hatebreed. I also like Beatdown hardcore with bands such as Shattered Realm, Nasty and Vow Of Hatred or Youth crew-bands such as Focused X Minds, Mindset or Down To Nothing and of course old-school classics such as Agnostic Front or Sick Of It All. I’m not that much into Metalcore since I dislike the melodic aspects of it, which in my eyes ruin the aggression but just recently I’ve been really getting into The Ghost Inside.

I’m also a strong proponent of Violent Dancing, only at the appropriate shows, though. While I think it’s an inherent and important part of modern hardcore shows, I would never start doing it at concerts where I know people dislike it, and a sense of responsibility should be mandatory.

For anyone interested in finding some new bands, I’ll link my last.fm-profile: http://www.lastfm.de/user/dre_93

#2759 Reply

travis abrecka

slayer,metallica,megadeth,eminem,goo goo dolls,nirvana,pearl jam,ac/dc,alanis morrissette,pantera,slipknot.

#2775 Reply

UntoXicated
    Keymaster

It’s kind of weird, but the music that I’m into includes old 70’s and early 80’s stoner dub, like King Tubby, Augustus Pablo, Mikey Dread etc. I’m also a big fan of the psychadelic, swirly, wall of guitar sounds of the 90’s Shoegazing era. Bands like My Bloody Valentine, Swervedriver and Sonic Youth. Who needs drugs when you can expand your mind with this stuff? :)

xDredgex

PS: Oh, and Dinasour JR, Deftones, Sevendust and loads of early Ska!!!

#2790 Reply

PxZ

When it comes to hardcore, these are my top favorites:
    GORILLA BISCUITS, BAD BRAINS, VERBAL ASSAULT, 4 WALLS FALLING, CHOKEHOLD, MOUTHPIECE, IGNITE, SNAPCASE, SHELTER, H2O, MADBALL, SICK OF IT ALL, COMEBACK KID, MOST PRECIOUS BLOOD, HAVE HEART, VERSE, ANCHOR, ALEXISONFIRE, EVERGREEN TERRACE, REFUSED, EARTH CRISIS…

#2793 Reply

Justin

My main favorites are Billy Talent, The Distillers, Nirvana, The Clash, Rise Against.

#2795 Reply

Matt Iain

Thanks Dredge, because I’m not really into much hardcore or punk.

I do love me some Coheed and Cambria though, as well as Modest Mouse, The Strokes, Kings of Leon, and the Decemberists.

Props to PxZ because 80’s pop is rad, and to Andre Horn for your mature view on Violent Dancing (man that’s annoying when it’s not wanted).

#2796 Reply

PxZ

Thanx Matt!

#2873 Reply

Jesse

I listen to pretty much everything.
    I like hiphop/r&b mostly.
    Especially 90s versions of that.
    I like anything from Hall & Oates to metallica to Kid Ink
    Not too much I dont like

#2884 Reply

Chadwick

Because of this it is also one of the most expensive so getting a
    rebate helps keep the cost down. There’s a lot of advantages to switching to an electric toothbrush, many of which have actually been approved by the dental association. However, there are certain important constraints that should be kept in mind before making a choice.

#2924 Reply

Ronald

Igonaowe coisiapa iuifofu: Tienda Online Rentable jaumiperi diiuvmaye eeezieb suoezoir.

#2926 Reply

Jarrod

What’s up, yup this article is really pleasant and I have learned lot of things from it regarding blogging. thanks.

#2928 Reply

Williemae

Greetings from Idaho! I’m bored to death at work so I decided to check out your site on my iphone during lunch break. I really like the info you present here and can’t wait to take a look when I get home.
    I’m surprised at how quick your blog loaded on my mobile .. I’m not
    even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyways, good blog!

#2933 Reply

Dominick

That needs can t get a girlfriend to change. Learning how to seduce any can t get
    a girlfriend women. If she shows one or more of these actions often,
    at will or in combinations. Well, you can get to win! Just for those of you
    who are new to each other. Be your own person and handle your pending break
    up your way.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
Reply To: What music are you into?
Your information:

Back to Top ↑

• Grab the poster and keep up to date…

• Chat with others…

• UntoXicated supporters…

JakeWhite01Ad-SpacerDrugTestingConsultantAd-SpacerallansBillyhydeAd-Spacer
    Untoxicate_Promo_Pack
    Ad-Spacer
    YourBusinessHere

• From our Facebook community…

Testimonials

• 2 stinkin’ socks…

Ad-Spacer

Warning: get_object_vars() expects parameter 1 to be object, null given in /home/untoxicated/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sticky-social-bar/sticky-social-bar.php on line 117